ESTALIA
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

Novedades Bolt Actions

4 participantes

Novedades Bolt Actions Empty Novedades Bolt Actions

Mensaje  disco Lun Jul 09, 2012 9:05 pm

Os dejo aquí el nuevo reglamento que van a sacar para Bolt Action!!. Este reglamento por lo visto será para unas 50 miniaturas más vehículos, lo cuál abre aun más las posibilidades de estas miniaturas. Según pone saldrá en Septiembre, habrá que esperar para leerlo.

http://www.warlordgames.com/22992/pre-order-bolt-action-rulebook-and-free-miniature/

La verdad es que tiene buena pinta.

Un saludo a todos
disco
disco

Novedades Bolt Actions Empty Re: Novedades Bolt Actions

Mensaje  pacofores Lun Jul 09, 2012 9:55 pm

La leche, Rick Priestley y Alessio Cavatore se meten en la SGM. Es un evidente seguro de la calidad del reglamento Very Happy
pacofores
pacofores

Mensaje  disco Vie Jul 13, 2012 5:29 pm

Por lo que he estado leyendo dicen que va a ser el reglamento definitivo para esta escala y la segunda guerra mundial. Que será el Warhammer 40k de la segunda guerra mundial. Espero que el reglamento sea bueno y podamos echar unas partidas a esta escala con tanques, y asaltos a posiciones artilladas al más puro estilo hermanos de sangre.

disco
disco

Mensaje  disco Mar Jul 31, 2012 11:07 pm

Aquí os dejo una review que encontró Blacksmith, de La Armada:

Bolt Action Book Review

I picked up a copy of Warlord Games' new Bolt Action WWII rules at Historicon last weekend. I have read through the book several times now, and although I have not played the game yet I am going to give a quick overview of what is in the book, the basic mechanics, and my take on the game.

First, the book was written by Alessio Cavatore and Rick Priestly. With that in mind, I think it is fair to say that the game is a mixture of Warhammer 40k mechanics along with some Warmaster-like mechanics, with some new mechanics added to the mix. The result is a system that is at once quite familiar yet different from its antecedents. A game figure scale is not stated anywhere that I could find, but it is obvious from the pictures that the rules are primarily intended for 28mm miniatures. I believe the rules would work fine for other scales although multi-based infantry figures would require casualty caps or the like.

The book's layout and presentation is superb. It is full color, hard bound, and weighs in at 216 pages. There are color plates and excellent photographs of well painted miniatures and great terrain throughout the book. The book's contents consist of the game rules, scenarios, and reasonably detailed late war army lists for the US, UK, Germany, and the Soviet Union. In general the rules are very well-written and easy to follow and understand. I had very few questions while reading and saw few, if any, typos.

So, how does it play? The game is played with a randomized alternating activation system. Both players place a single "order dice" in a cup for every unit in their army. Each player's dice should be a different color, for example Player A has Green Dice and Player B has Grey dice, etc. Order dice are drawn one at a time from the cup and the player whose dice it is gets to activate a unit. This continues until all order dice have been drawn, and then a new turn begins. ON a side note Warlord games will be selling special order dice, of course, though normal dice can be used without problem.

When a unit is activated, the player then has a choice of six orders to issue. The orders are: Fire, Advance, Run, Ambush, Rally, or Down. Fire means shoot without moving. Advance allows for a move and fire (at a penalty), Run is a double move. Ambush is basically overwatch, allowing a unit to interrupt enemy movement to fire at the moving unit. Oddly, an ambushing unit cannot shoot first at a unit which fires on it. A Rally order is to remove Pin markers (discussed below) and Down is an order to take cover.

Movement is pretty simple: 6" for an advance and 12" for run for infantry. Vehicles are typically 9"/18". Weapon ranges are also very familiar: rifles are 24", machine guns 36", for example.

Combat resolution is very simple. For infantry, roll a die (d6) for every firing model. (Note there are assault weapons, etc, that get more that one die per model, usually at a reduced range.) A 3 or better causes a hit. Modifiers include a -1 for moving and shooting, for soft cover, for the target unit being "down" etc. Modifiers are cumulative. Take the number of hits and then roll for damage. The casualty roll is based on the target's troop rating of inexperienced, regular or veteran. In experienced troops are damaged on a 3 or better, regular on a 4 or better, and veterans on a 5 or better, somewhat like the Flames of War shooting system. There are no armor saves, only the roll to hit and the damage roll. The player on the receiving end of the shots chooses his casualties. One wrinkle is the "exceptional damage" rule, which holds that you re-roll any natural "6s" and if you get a further "6" you can pick the enemy squad's casualty. If a unit takes more than 50% of its current number as casualties, a morale check is made. A morale check is made on 2d6 against the unit's morale value. Inexperienced morale is 7 or less; regular, 8 or less; veteran 9 or less. A failed morale check will remove the unit from the table.

Against vehicles you make a die roll, adding a weapon's Penetration value, against the target's Armor value. For example, if shooting at a T-34 with a PzIV, you would roll a d6, adding +6 for a Heavy Anti-Tank Gun, against the T-34s' medium tank Armour value of 9+. If you rolled a total of 9 or more, you cause damage and roll on the damage table. A roll of exactly the needed number (9 in this case) would be "superficial damage" and you would roll with a -3 modifier on the table. The table is simple; a 4+ will knock out the vehicle, with lesser results causing havoc of one kind or another. Also, if an AT gun exceeds the score needed by 3 or more, then this is called "massive damage" and two rolls are made on the table.

Close combat is handled very simply, as well. If a unit is within Run distance (usually 12") it can assault. The enemy unit gets defensive fire if they have not previously activated that turn, unless the charge is started from within 6". The enemy unit fire at full effect. Surviving attackers are piled in along with all enemies, meaning that usually all the models in both units will fight. There are no hit rolls, only damage rolls. Attackers strike first. Remaining defenders attack back. The side that causes the most casualties wins, and the loser is destroyed.

Regarding morale, as stated above in shooting and close combat the penalty for failing a morale check or losing a close combat is the destruction of the unit. However, units which take hits but do not need to test for morale take "pin markers" for every casualty instead. Vehicles also get pin markers from being hit by heavy weapons. Pin markers count as a negative modifier against activations. For example, if you draw an order dice and choose to activate a unit with two pin markers, you must make an "order test" at -2 to activate. If you fail, the unit does not activate and instead goes "down". If an order test is passed, the unit acts and also removes a pin marker. If the order test roll is a natural 12 on two dice, a "FUBAR" roll is made with 1-2 being "Friendly Fire" and 3-6 "Panic". Both are very unpleasant.

There are obviously many other rules in the book, covering issues like HQ units, Artillery, Airstrikes, terrain effects, etc. I will not go into all of them here. Suffice it to say they are generally handled in a very simple and fast manner akin to the procedures for shooting, etc. described above. There are also rules for transport vehicles, fighting in buildings, and other special situations.

The book includes 6 basic scenarios to play competitive games of Bolt Action. These are rather standard fare. They include some special rules for hidden units, reserves, etc.

Finally, the book includes rules for force selection and army lists. Typical games of Bolt Action appear to be played with points-based armies using a 1,000 point army as the default. A force must comprise one or more reinforced platoons. Each reinforced platoon must take a minimum of one officer and two infantry squads. Each reinforced platoon can also have a number of support elements, such as 0-1 tank, 0-1 sniper team, 0-1 armored car, etc. You can take multiple reinforced platoons. As 10-man infantry squads costs about 100 points, it appears by my rough calculations that a 1000 point army would likely have 3-4 squads with a vehicle or two in support along with a few other support elements such as MGs, mortars, etc. There are four lists for the late war for Germans, US, UK, and Soviets. There are a good number of infantry and vehicle entries for each army, though Special Rules for particular vehicles and infantry exist, they are at a minimum. Each nationality does get two special rules covering their force. For example, the Germans get "Initiative Training" allowing a new NCO to be appointed on a roll of 4+ if an NCO is squad's killed. They also get "Hitler's Buzzsaw" which gives German MG units an additional shot.

The book ends with two appendices, one providing a brief timeline overview of WWII and some end notes, the other a series of useful game charts summarizing the basic rule. There is no index, alas, although the table of contents at the beginning is fairly comprehensive.

In conclusion, the book is very well written, has superb production values, and is very clear. As I stated above, I have not played the game, but there are very few questions in my mind as to how it plays. Shooting seems very similar to Rogue Trader 40k minus the Ballistic Skill chart and the armor saving rolls. Vehicle shooting is very similar to 3-5th edition 40k but there is only one rather unforgiving chart. Close combat is very deadly but an effective charge looks very difficult to pull off outside of 6" or absent extreme numerical superiority. Perhaps that's as it should be. All of the special rules for artillery, air, etc. are present and tend to be resolved very easily. The main goal of the game appears to be to create a highly streamlined WWII 28mm combats system. It is far less detailed than "Disposable Heroes" for example, but will obviously play much faster. Although it comes with points values and competitive scenarios, there is no reason to my mind that the rules would not work very well for Skirmish Campaigns or other scenario-based gaming options.

I think players looking for an easy, very fast WWII skirmish game will like this rules set. Players looking for a lot of detail, unit differentiation, and charts will likely find it too simplistic for their tastes. More detail may be added by the publication of the dedicated army books for each army starting in the fall, although those who hate the idea of "codexes" for a WWII game will likely not be amused.

For my part, I think the game is going to be a lot of fun. The rules are very easy to learn and remember, provide enough detail to keep me interested, and are playable as designed without neither too many infantry models nor hordes of expensive 28mm vehicles required. I am looking forward to playing very soon. Provisional Grade: B+

La verdad es que tiene muy buena pinta, si es igual de fácil o más que el Operation Squad, y encima con vehículos, artillería, aviación... enfin no me lo quiero ni imaginar.

Yo por lo pronto estoy a la espera de que salga para pillar el reglamento y echar una partida Twisted Evil
disco
disco

Mensaje  Riesgo Budroski Mar Jul 31, 2012 11:33 pm

Yo ya se lo encarge a Fer, a ver si me lo consigue cuando salga What a Face
Riesgo Budroski
Riesgo Budroski

Mensaje  disco Mar Jul 31, 2012 11:43 pm

Wink, hablaré con Fer para que pida 2 xD. Ahora la duda para mi es... Escenografía para 15mm o escenografía para 28mm ante un posible éxito del reglamento?. La verdad es que si va a contemplar batallas tipo warhammer 40k, con 30 o 40 minis y un par de vehículos, aviación, etc... pues casi que es un fow en 28mm.
disco
disco

Mensaje  disco Miér Sep 05, 2012 9:43 pm

La semana pasada pedí el reglamento Bolt Action a Warlord para que viniese la miniatura de regalo, y hoy acaba de llamar mi padre para decirme que ya ha llegado a casa. En cuanto pueda, que esta semana lo tengo complicado, me lo leeré e ire poniendo aquí cositas.

P.D: En cuanto me haga la lista para jugar le pedire a Fernando las tropas Very Happy. Quiero un tanque en esa escala....
disco
disco

Mensaje  disco Jue Sep 06, 2012 5:23 pm

Veamos por lo poco que he mirado, decir que no tiene sistemas de campañas. Lo que si tiene al final es un apéndice en el que vienen todas las operaciones de la guerra, en todos los frentes. Lo cuál puede ayudar a investigar y crear campañas. Lo que si vienen son varios escenarios, en total 6.

Los escenarios son los siguientes, Envelopment, Maximun Attrition, Point Defence, Hold until relieved, Top Secret and Demolition.

Lo que he mirado de las listas, pone que son a 1000 puntos cada bando, pero como ya digo puede ser que los escenarios modifiquen estos puntos. Lo miraré si puedo.

Las listas están muy bien, vienen listas alemanas, americanas, inglesas y rusas. Cada lista se divide en partes, HQ, Squads, Artillery, Tanks, etc...

Al menos cada lista tiene que tener un teniente primero o segundo y dos escuadras de infantería. Después se puede poner hasta 3 escuadras más, y luego 1 tanque, 1 cañón de artillería, etc.... De estos apoyos solo se puede poner 1. Pero de todas formas haciendo una lista rápida te das cuenta que a 1000 puntos no vas a poder llevar nada más que 1 de algunas cosas.

Si puedo a lo largo de la mañana pongo una lista de paracaidistas alemanes para que la veáis.
disco
disco

Mensaje  pacofores Jue Sep 06, 2012 7:09 pm

¿NO HAY ITALIANOS? Shocked Shocked Shocked Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Me parece que por el número de escuadras necesarias, las cajas de Wargames Factory pueden venir muy bien. Son 30 minis, así que sin saber la composición exacta de las escuadras puede que vengan perfectas.
pacofores
pacofores

Mensaje  disco Jue Sep 06, 2012 7:51 pm

Por lo que yo se... en los próximos meses van a sacar libros independientes para cada facción. En cada libro vendrán las tropas detallas y para cada frente, por tanto tendrás que esperar unos meses a que salgan los Italianos.

Las escuadras básicas suelen ser de sargento y cuatro hombres. A esto se le pueden añadir hasta 5 hombres más y modificar su equipo, ametralladores, LMGs, granadas antitanque, etc...

Yo creo que con una caja básica de warlord, y luego unos blister de HMG, un blister de infantería antitanque y un carro de combate tenemos los 1000 puntos.
disco
disco

Mensaje  disco Jue Sep 06, 2012 8:42 pm

Lista paracaidistas alemanes - 1000 pts

HQ

First Lietenant (Veteran) 90
+ 2 men 2x13= 26
Medic (Veteran) 30

Squads

1º Escuadra
1 NCO and 4 men (Veteran) 65
cambio de rifles a mp40 al mando y dos hombres 3x3= 9
add 3 men 3x13= 39
2 hombre cambian sus rifles por Light machine gun 20
1 hombre añade un panzerfaust 5

2º Escuadra
1 NCO and 4 men (Veteran) 65
cambio de rifles a mp40 al mando y dos hombres 3x3= 9
add 3 men 3x13= 39
2 hombre cambian sus rifles por Light machine gun 20
1 hombre añade un panzerfaust 5

Apoyo

HMG (Veteran) (3 men) 65
Panzerschreck anti-tank team (2 men) (Veteran) 104
Medium mortar (Veteran) (3 men) 65
add Spotter 10
Sniper team (2 men) (Regular) 50
Panzer IV Tank (Veteran) 282

Total 998 puntos.

Veamos, para hacer esta lista necesitariamos lo siguiente

Caja básica Fallschirmjäger de Warlord ----------- 27.5 libras
Con esta caja formaremos las dos escuadras a falta de los panzerfaust, el médico y el mortero medio.
Fallschirmjäger Oberst Steiner------------------- 2.5 libras
Este oficial lo podremos usar de mando, ya que la caja básica vienen solo dos mandos y harán falta para las escuadras.
Fallschirmjäger Flamethrower & Sniper----------- 4 libras
Vienen un lanzallamas y un sniper, como los equipos son de dos necesitariamos otro soldado, pero de la caja básica nos sobrará 1 soldado con rifle que podremos usar como acompañante. Además el equipo de sniper y de lanzallamas valen los mismos puntos, por lo que podremos intercambiarlos sin problema.
Fallschirmjäger Tank Hunters------------------- 6 libras
En este blister viene 1 equipo de panzerschreck que nos hace falta, y 2 soldados con panzerfaust y minas que usaremos para las escuadras.
Fallschirmjäger MG42 HMG team--------------- 7 libras
Panzer IV AUSF H Mit Schurzen --------------- 22 libras

En total, empezando de cero necesitariamos lo mostrado arriba, y nos saldría por 69 libras, que al cambio serían 87 euros. Como muchos de nosotros ya tenemos la caja básica de alguno de los ejercitos pues nos saldrá bastante más barato.
disco
disco

Mensaje  disco Sáb Sep 29, 2012 5:03 am

Warlord va a sacar para mediados de noviembre un caja de iniciación a Bolt Action también

http://www.warlordgames.com/26923/pre-order-bolt-action-assault-on-normandy/
http://www.warlordgames.com/store/bolt-action-assault-on-normandy.html

La verdad es que no está mal de precio, ya que incluye 40 minis, los dados para cada bando, el reglamento y una casa en ruinas.
disco
disco

Mensaje  Glandalf Sáb Sep 29, 2012 5:07 am

Venía a ponerlo jeje

Unas foticos:
Novedades Bolt Actions WGB-START-01-Assault-on-Normandy-a1-600x472

Novedades Bolt Actions WGB-START-01-Assault-on-Normandy-f-600x517
Glandalf
Glandalf

Mensaje  Contenido patrocinado